It’s been a tough week with grandpa passing away. Though there have been many sad moments, I am thankful that they were interspersed with joy droplets. I’ve learned that there is good in everything; sometimes it just takes a little more looking to find it!
Joy Droplets of the Week:
- The comments of encouragement and scripture that I received from you. Thank you so much!
- My mother-in-law arrived, and together my nana-in-law who lives with us, we have childcare so we could attend the visitation and the funeral with no worries.
- Knowing that death is just a door that we pass through into eternal life; knowing that Grampa knew the Lord and is a glorious place there.
- That though he was in a coma, I had the opportunity to say goodbye to Grampa. People lose loved ones everyday without the opportunity to say goodbye.
- Dad and Scott got a good start on building our garden.
If a picture is worth 1000 words then here is 9000 of them!
Chloe and Mommy doing dishes. If you look closely you will notice that the calendar on the sink is completely wrong. I’m months behind 🙂
Battling a cold as well as not being able to sleep this week, mornings were hard. Thursday morning I woke up, knowing that the visitation was that day and I started feeling overwhelmed before my feet hit the floor. Then Chloe raced into our room, noticed the folded towels in the laundry basket and picked them up, one by one, to put away in the bathroom cupboard. Each time she raced into the bathroom she yelled, “I’m helping Daddy”, and “’I’m helping Mommy”. She’s two and loves to help. Though they were a little lopsided, they were put away good enough for me. I am proud of my little helper.
Beautiful Flowers from thoughtful friends!
Leaving the hospital and walking down the street to my car, I found this basket in the garbage on the curb. I washed up the liner and we now have a new book basket for the bathroom. The thing I love about this is that the handles can be up or down. Our other basket had a permanent handle and sometimes larger books were hard for the girls to get in and out.
Chloe’s GG is visiting. GG and Chloe went garage saling and found this great piano. Both John and Chloe just love it. Chloe is also wearing a new hair clip that says her name. My good friend, Carm, bought it for her and it is darling!!
I went garage saling with my Aunt who came in from out of town for the funeral. I found Chloe a Columbia spring jacket for $2 and then at a completely different garage sale I found myself a Spring/Winter Columbia coat in the same colors for $10. It has a removable liner so it works for all seasons. I was happy because my other coat has some issues and I had wanted to replace it. Chloe was very excited and tells me that we “match mommy”. When I asked her what color our coats were she informed me they were red. We’re still working on that 🙂
This post also links to What I’ve Learned this Week