I was cleaning out my cupboards and came to an expired box of Rice Crispies. I don’t eat cereal and Scott doesn’t eat this kind. We tried it with the girls and it didn’t go over well. I made a batch of Rice Crispy Squares to use some up since I also found a bag of expired marshmallows. The squares were a disaster and I actually cut the inside of my mouth trying to eat them. I’m half decently competent in the kitchen so I don’t know what went wrong. I’m trying not to dwell too much on it lol.
In my new found frugalness, I no longer toss everything the way I used to. I decided to use the food processor and make a powder so my baby could eat the rice crispies. He just tried them this morning and really liked them.
I wanted to share with you my revelation of the day: Rice Crispy baby mush does not *Snap, Crackle or Pop*!
Today I have to get moving. With littles being sick, and me not feeling so hot, I feel a little behind on things.
Here is my far too ambitious to-do list for the day (in no particular order):
- Tidy Kitchen
- Dress Littles
- Laundry Away
- Spot Clean Carpet
- Floor Swept and Spot Cleaned
- Laundry Room Tidied
- Grocery List prepared (shopping tonight!)
- Out for a walk with the littles
- Plant “Forget Me Nots” in egg cartons with girls.
- 1/2 hour of sorting desk
- Final Numbers to Complete Tax Return
This weekends projects include:
- Taxes Filed
- Finishing up the Surprise for Tricia @ GraceWorks
- General Tidy of my Garage. This is my April task for the monthly roundup. I know it isn’t a cupboard or a closet but when you see the photos you will understand. The first step to tackling it is a general tidy so I can at least walk in it!