Last Monday was Thanksgiving here in Canada. My husband created a lavish feast by himself, while watching Chloe (2) and John (1). What an amazing man! More on that here.
Above: Cauliflower Gratin, Stuffing, BBQ Turkey Breast, Bacon & Brussels Sprouts. We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, home made cranberry sauce with a DQ ice cream cake for dessert (compliments of Nana).
Weekly Focus: Catching up around the house after a fun week with DH being home! I also want us to enjoy the remainder of fall before winter sets in for good 🙂
- Home Made Hash browns (yum!)
- Bacon & Eggs
- Toast with Peanut Butter
- Yogurt (Peach or Berry)
- Cereal (Raisin Bran, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honeycombs)
- Gherkin Pickles
- Brianna’s Cookies
- Cheese, goldfish crackers, raisins
- Peaches & Apples
- Menu: BBQ Steak
- Plans: Errands! After spending some time purging this past week, we have a box of things for the thrift store, I also have to return something to Wal-Mart as well as Zellers. We also need to stop my my sisters and wish her a happy birthday!
- Blog: Menu Plan Monday
- Menu: Stir-fry
- Plans: Visiting Forte’s Market (they have 10% off produce!)
- Blog: Super Man and the Beef Goulash
- Menu: Pasta
- Plans: Church tonight!
- Blog: Cupcake Cutie
- Menu: Shepherd’s Pie
- Plans: DH home late tonight. We’re on our own for dinner.
- Menu: Home Made Sausages
- Plans: Errand to DHL in Oakville, a trip to Gymboree (with my coupon) in Burlington
We don’t have any plans this weekend. I’m hoping to make a visit to our local orchard for a hayride but we’ll wait and see. I’m not planning for weekends since they are full of spontaneity and BBQ time! We generally shop on Saturday mornings at the farmers market.
- Visit Menu Plan Monday for more planning inspiration!
Wow, that all looks and sounds yummy…he *is* an amazing man!
Just curious, what is the celebration of Thanksgiving in Canada based on…is it a national day of thanks for blessings, or is there an interesting story behind its beginnings?
Excellent menu plan and I love to way you've adding in plans and blog activities too – what a great organizational idea! 🙂
I love how organized and well thought out you are! Love the menu too. Sometimes I add our agenda for the week in there, but yours is so clear and concise! LOVE IT!
I had to come back here and look and this entry again – would you be interested in doing a guest post for us at The Motivation Station? I just think what you've done here is such a great idea! Leave me a comment or send me an email to let me know. Martha 🙂
Comments are closed.