Weekly Focus: Using what we have! Last week I mentioned our family was trying a new savings plan. Our grocery budget for the week is $25 during the month of October. This is going to be a bit interesting for us since we haven’t really had a budget before. Well, we’ve had an idea of what we would like to spend but never worried too much about sticking to it. I think the most important way for us to stick to our plan for the month is to have a MENU PLAN each week. Tricia at Handfuls of Purpose is actually hosting a Like Merchant Ships: Mastering Your Menu Challenge. The timing couldn’t be better! Make sure you pop by!
- Home Made Hashbrowns (yum!)
- Bacon & Eggs
- Toast with Peanut Butter
- Cereal (Raisin Bran, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honeycombs)
- Gherkin Pickles
- Cheese, goldfish crackers, raisins
- Peaches & Apples
- Pasta with leftover meatball sauce
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Leftovers are a huge thing for lunches too!
- Menu: Pirogues (frozen) with bacon and onions
- Plans: DH is in Toronto today so we’re on our own for dinner since he has no idea how long his day will be.
- Blog: Menu Plan Monday
- Menu: Chicken Stew (thighs) with potatoes and biscuits
- Plans: Scott has choir practice
- Blog: Pasteurizing & Canning Apple Cider
- Menu: Home Made BBQ’d Sausages
- Plans: Church tonight!
- Blog: THEY should Know Better!
- Menu: Home Made Cabbage Rolls
- Plan: Making cabbage rolls obviously LOL
- Menu: Home Made Pizza
- Blog: Bike Trailer Review with Giveaway
I’m not planning for weekends since they are full of spontaneity and BBQ time! We generally shop on Saturday mornings at the farmers market.
- Visit Menu Plan Monday for more planning inspiration!