My fab new umbrella / DH poking our daughters eye out (or at least it looks that way doesn’t it? LOL
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who didn’t have plan a normal wedding but got married in the lemon grove in Italy.
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who decided they’d rather have a midwife than an OB 26 weeks into their pregnancy. (And though it was a scramble, we found one!)
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who didn’t have their babies in a hospital but rather at home. (Praise the Lord for healthy, wonderful babies!)
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who always have toys covering their floors, whose dining room table is often a fort and whose sprinkler is for entertainment purposes and not for watering grass.
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who serve cupcakes with too many sprinkles for breakfast once a month. (mmm – yummy!)
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who cloth diaper their babies. (Which isn’t abnormal online in the blogging circle but is kind of odd to others in our real-life circle)
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones believe you can make anything at home from scratch. (Which is surprisingly true most of the time LOL)
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who let their daughter wear her tutu or her red rubber boots every day. Why not? She looks cute, she likes it and there are only a certain number of years you can wear one daily!
- We are THAT family. You know, the ones who spent over $200 on rug shampooer rentals this year before finally buying one of their own.
We did not have little ones when we built our house and carpeted with a light colored rug (dining room included). In the past 2 years, our poor rug has seen more than it’s share of:
- Baking Powder
- Cough Syrup
- Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Timbit
The day of the carpet cleaner purchase, I hadn’t even finished my attempt to clean up the red cough syrup (from a child proof bottle! How did she get it open?!?) when I discovered her quietly finger painting with the toothpaste.
Safety in the Kitchen – Very important!
Feeding John-John our homemade Melon-scicles; no one else would eat them LOL
Part of being THAT family is admitting embarrassing moments. Chloe was days old when she developed hiccups and gripe water didn’t help. Wanting to help, logically, I growled at her to scare her to make the hiccups go away. Needless to say, she screamed in fright and turned red from howling, yet the hiccups stayed. That was not my best parenting moment. (What was I thinking?!?!)
I’ve been a mommy for 2 1/2 years and so far…it’s been an adventure; one that I am so thankful to be a part of. Being THAT family? It certainly is a finer thing!
- This post links to We are THAT Family and Finer Things Friday
Thanks for celebrating with me.
Ahhh…loved your post!!! I enjoyed reading all of your "that family" moments! The Lord has blessed you sooo very much, my friend with "that family"!!!
Chari @Happy To Design
PS…love the photo of "Safety in the kitchen"! Hehe! Too cute!
Best post I read today! 🙂 Really! And so many times…we are THAT family too – and I'm proud of it!! 🙂
Love it! I'm cracking up at your "growling" at the baby, and our sprinklers are only for fun, too! 🙂
oh my gosh you have a beautiful family! Your kids are so cute!!! Love your blog and you guys seem like and amazing couple! So fun
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Comments are closed.