Photo adapted from Zanastardust
Though out our Sizzling Summer series, I’ve mentioned time and time again how important hydration is! Thermos is a trusted name that has been around for generations (over 100 years!). My first day of school I headed off with my lunch kit containing (my Thermos!) in hand! I was ecstatic when I received my products for review; some for the littles and one for Mommy!!
So for those of you looking for a short review:
- Want a COLD drink this summer? Go with Thermos!
- Exceeded expectations!
- Quality, Durable, Trendy
- Products designed for the whole family!
- Worth the investment!
With the warm weather, it is so nice to know that his drink is staying fresh and cold!
John received their Foogo Stainless Steel (BPA Free) Sippy. I’ll let you visit the link for factual details about the cup and simply say that I love this cup.
- Dishwasher Safe (Hurray!)
- Wide bottle mouth for easy cleaning and you can clearly see what is in there!
- Valve is all one piece and made of a hard material!
- Valve snaps in which means you don’t need to worry about your soft valve wiggling out (which causes leaks) or having it wear out quickly and having to replace the valves often. (With our plastic ones I had to replace the valves a couple times and they were pretty expensive!)
- Soft Spout for my teething John to chew on.
- Keeps his drink cold; especially important for him because he usually drinks milk and in the heat – not so good!
- Durable!! I mentioned before that John is going through a throwing stage. This has crashed to our tile floor more times that I’d like yet it is like new, AND the interior valve stayed in place every time (a huge deal if you don’t want a mess!)
- No Spill Issues; I was really happy with their leak-proof claim!
Chloe fell asleep on the way to Toronto…with her cup. (No, it isn’t posed!)
With all of that being said, John actually prefers to bide his time and look for an opportunity to steal Chloe’s Leak-Proof Stainless Steel Straw Bottle. I’m not sure who loves it more, Chloe or John (or maybe mommy)!
- Dishwasher safe (huge points for this!)
- Sturdy, durable straw (Why must they chew it? It’s been a month though and no signs of wear on the straw so I can tell you it’s durable!)
- Keeps her drink cold (really cold!)
- Easy to open lid. (I like the idea of a lid, makes it a bit more sanitary when she is carrying around outside but since she still eats dirt – I guess that doesn’t really matter)
- Leak-proof; it really is. Some cups make this claim and aren’t. We haven’t had any spillage at all from this one, unless you count the small amount of liquid in the straw that Chloe some how manages to spray but that is more to do with Chloe and not so much the cup 🙂
- It’s a good size. Big enough for a decent amount of liquid but not too big that it is hard for her to hold it or awkward to carry.
Our day in Toronto: We take our own drinks everywhere. It saves us money and it saves the environment – especially when eating at fast food restaurants where everything is disposable.
And I think this may be one of the highlights of my summer: Mommy’s Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle. I LOVE IT! I am a huge water drinker. I drink it all day long. I actually used to buy bottled water simply because I liked the convenience of the bottle. I would open a bottle, drink it and refill it for several days before recycling it and opening another. I even drank from a bottle at home because it was convenient to carry around with me. I never go anywhere without a bottle of water!
- Cold!! Oh, how I love cold water. I have drank a whole lot of warm water in my life but boy do I love cold water. This bottle claims 12 hours – it really does it and more! (Maybe I should have done a test before doing this review lol)
- The perfect size. When it first arrived I thought it may have been too big because I was used to my little plastic water bottles. But after using this for a month+/- I can’t imagine anything else. It is the perfect size!
- The spout allows just the right amount of water out!
- I love the sipper lid because it pops open with the push of a button. I can actually be riding my bike (with my littles in tow) and have a drink one handed! (Would have made a great picture!)
- It comes with a carry case which has an adjustable strap. I can wear it over my shoulder or across my chest over my shoulder while biking. It also has a hand handle on the side which I thought was odd when I first looked at it and wondered how much you’d use it…it’s genius really!
- I love pink and silver. I know color is really not important but I really like pink; a happy colour!
I love the detachable strap on the bottle!!
While Thermos may be more expensive that purchasing your standard plastic water bottles at the dollar store or going with your basic plastic sippy cup; I’d say it’s worth the investment. These bottles are a fantastic quality and built to last. They are BPA-free and it is such a delight to have my beverage cold rather than luke-warm. As a seasoned sippy cup-user (or mom to users anyway), I would rather spend a little more on one that I was completely happy with, knowing it would last, than lesser quality ones. Buy Thermos; you’ll be glad you did!
So I am excited to announce that Thermos has provided the same three products in the review for a giveaway!
On a picnic with our friends; Grace and Brady
How to Enter:
- Did you have a lunch-kit and thermos growing up? Leave a comment! (My first was a holly hobby one and I loved it!). Please also mention which cup you would like to win most.
- Visit Thermos and tell me what product catches your eye. (Like their Picnic Backpack Set!)
- Subscribe to my blog (two entries!)
- Blog about this giveaway.
- Open to Canadian and USA friends.
- Closes August 7th, 2009