The other day my daughter went picking at a berry farm with her friend and brought home some very ripe strawberries! They’re beautiful, red and so fragrant.
One of the first things I think about when looking at a basket of berries is hot milk cake with, of course, whipped cream and said berries.
Hot Milk Cake Recipe
What You’ll Need:
4 eggs, 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp of baking powder
What You’ll Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a bowl beat together eggs and sugar
3. In a pot, on low, heat butter and milk
4. In yet another bowl (yes, lots of dishes!), mix your baking powder and flour
5. Add the hot milk, alternately, with the flour to the eggs/sugar, beginning and ending with the milk
6. Pour onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper
7. Bake for about 30 minutes
8. Cool, dice, and top with berries and whipped cream
It was from my husband that I stole this recipe. He mostly enjoys cooking but occasionally he dabbles in baking. Sometimes he writes at ebabble.net about it.