Super Yummy Banana Bread
- 5 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups mashed banana
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cream (or milk, half and half, buttermilk or any combination thereof)
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line bottom of mini-loaf pans with parchment paper and then grease the pan to ensure ease of removal.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add white & brown sugar and beat well. Add egg, whites and vanilla. Beat well. Add mashed banana and beat on high. (a lot of beating huh? Hope you have a mixer!)
- In a separate bowl – combine flour, baking soda & baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream (or milk) ending with the flour. Add the nuts if desired
- Pour batter evenly into loaf pans and bake until browned and toothpick comes out clean. Approx 1 hour 10 min +/-.
- Cool approx 10 min. then remove from pan and cool completely on rack
Quick Breads often taste better the day after they are baked. As soon as it is cool, I wrap in in plastic wrap and leave it on the counter over night. The following day, we eat one (or two) and the rest go into the freezer! I wrap them in plastic wrap and then put them into a plastic bag to make sure they stay fresh!
I always buy over-ripe bananas because they are usually marked down to a super low price. Last summer I bought over 20 lbs of reduced bananas for about $4.00. I peeled them all and mashed them all and froze them in 2 cup portions Now when I want to make banana bread, it is so easy.
When my husband makes his home-made ice cream, the recipes usually call for egg yolks. Just pop the egg yolks in the freezer to save for another recipe!