Photo by Nick Atkins Photography
Set for a Sizzling Summer with Easy Summer Dressing!
At the ladies retreat each year they make the most scrumptious salad. I think it is partially why I attend the retreat! LOL. The dressing is simple and I have found it works great on a variety of salads! And Summer is the time For Salads
The Multi-Purpose Dressing:
- 1 Cup of Mayonnaise (we’re working on making our own but we’re not there yet)
- 2 TBSP Vinegar
- 2TBSP Sugar
- 2TBSP Poppy Seeds
Just mix all the ingredients together. Easy! You can make a double batch and keep in the fridge for a couple weeks. It means easy side salads for dinners!
- Spinach (6-8 cups)
- Strawberries (mandarin oranges or whatever is seasonal; about 2 cups)
- Slivered Almonds (1 cup)
- White Sugar (1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- Wash spinach and let drain
- Slice fruit into bite-sized pieces
- Put almonds and sugar into frying pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is caramelized and almonds are browned. Set on wax paper to cool. When cool break apart into bite-sized pieces. Try not to eat them all before they make it into the salad!
- Mix dressing and toss all ingredients right before serving!
Slice desired amount of cucumbers thinly. Add desired amount of dressing. So simple, fresh and summery!
Shred red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots. Add desired amount of dressing and let sit to soften.
Do you have a great summer salad dressing or salad recipe? Love to hear it!!
- This post links to Works for Me Wednesday